Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday is the day we get ready for . . .

Our Saturday's are jam packed. Here are some highlights from today. Keaton's flag football game was looking like it would be a pretty close one during the first half when the other team took the lead. Keaton caught a beautiful pass and ran in for the first TD. Then, fortunately, we pulled ahead with another Keaton TD (he scored 6 last week - the poor opponents had to be encouraged by out team to keep running). They finished with another solid win, muddy muddy cleats, and a big smile. Still UNDEFEATED!

Sadie's soccer team was a little less fortunate, but nonetheless had fun and smiles when it was all over. They are a new team that focuses on playing 2 quarters, rotating positions, and gaining experience. I keep asking her if she is liking soccer over the other activities that she has participated in, and she keeps saying yes, so I'll keep going to the soccer (not my favorite sport yet) games. She does look cute in her uniform.

Alex helped me do some cleaning in the kitchen - imagine Alex vacuuming behind the refridgerator? Me either. Don't think that this is my usual cleaning, it is just that I had a great helper, and boy what lurks behind a fridge is something to behold. He played video & computer games, played with Keaton, and even practiced the piano. He is really bored - he will probably suit up - for tonight's basketball game, but we will be careful. The team will miss Alex's 100% on the court tonight. Glen got a hair cut, and then began working around the house, grooming the trees for fall, and harvesting the final fruit off of the apple tree. We didn't spray that tree to well and so there were only about a 1/2 bucket of good fruit. The peach tree was fabulous, about 10 (5 gallon) buckets were picked, eaten, and given away. I love fresh peaches. He and Keaton mowed the lawn - Keaton is getting into that - of course if there is a monitary incentive, that helps.

All the while, Sadie decides that she wants to take up baking today. So that is exactly what we did. I sat down and she did the baking. She made Oreo pie, and zucchini bread ALL BY HERSELF with exception of the oven, and grating the zucchini, she honestly did it all. She was talking and smiling and having a great time. We will call her Betty from now on ;) I love teaching her to do these things and she loves doing them. Forgot to mention, she even offered and completed cleaning ALL of the toilets! Where did she come from?

We still have another basketball event tonight. That really seems like a calm Saturday to me, or maybe I am just used to the running around. It is nice to know that we have such awesome kids that are healthy and strong, and enjoy the many events and activities that we have together. I couldn't imagine being any busier than we are now, but I would'nt have it any other way.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Such cute kids and such cute pictures. Wish I was closer and could share those yummy peaches.

Jeni Limb said...

You've been tagged. Check out my blog.