I suppose you could say that this week has been a little stressful for us at home as we were preparing, debating, scheduling for another big oral surgery for Alex. Because he has already had his wisdom teeth (4) taken out at age 12, he knew what he was getting into. The poor guy. He told me that he was going to run away that day, and I frankly, didn't blame him for wanting to do just that. Finally, the day was here, and fortunately, the Dr. offered to provide Alex with a little "mood stabilizer" for the day before we arrived at the office. Alex said that he couldn't tell any effect from the medicine, however, I really could, he was so mellow, still some anxiety coming out, but very mellow. He even told the Dr. that he wanted a tattoo acro
ss his chest saying "mother". THAT was funny! Even funnier, at home after the surgery, trying to wake up, he was checking out his face, his nose, and even looked at his chest. I told him that he was ripped off, and should get his money back.
ss his chest saying "mother". THAT was funny! Even funnier, at home after the surgery, trying to wake up, he was checking out his face, his nose, and even looked at his chest. I told him that he was ripped off, and should get his money back. Glen carried him from the office to the car and into the house. Who knew that the old man had those muscles? WOW! Alex did great during the surgery, only some nausea following from the anesthesia, but slept for a good long time and all night without ANY pain meds. This boy has one strong constitution. The next day he woke up feeling a little sore on the bottom jaw where they drilled to put in bone graphing, but ready to move on. It is hard trying to keep a 13+ year old "down and quiet with soft foods only" for at least 72 hours. He is up and around and even so bored that he helped me do some deep cleaning. I wonder what else I can get him doing?
He is an amazing kid, I am so proud of him and his courage and strength through this all. He has only taken minimal medication and has not even complained - except that we hope that his bottom lip returns to life soon.
Maybe he will have something else in common with Grandma Susan.







No comments:
Post a Comment