Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baptism Day

Sadie had an early morning photo opportunity with our neighbor taking her pre-baptism photos. She got up early to have our other friend braid her hair (cuz I can't, and I didn't want pony tails afloat) and then some photos by our neighborhood professional photographer. You can see more of her photos at http://www.pmphotoart.com/ under "public galleries", then "family portraits" then scrolling down you will find Sadie. She is so beautiful and it was so fun. After the 30 minute photo shoot, she said to Pete the photographer "this is so much better then school pictures", to which Pete responded with a gracious thank you. I couldn't wait to share my favorites. Her baptism day went without any hitches, except that the stake person thought her name was Sarah and presented her as such. The music, the poem, the speakers, and the DVD presentation, were all perfect. Aunt Jana started us off on a spiritual note and we didn't stop crying. It was a very spiritual feeling to see someone you love enter the waters of baptism. She said after "the Holy Ghost is heavy mom". Keaton and Alex read an awesome poem written by Aunt Marti that really brought the feeling into the day. Keaton is so tender and sensitive, he couldn't compose himself much throughout the poem, so our strong, shakey-voiced Alex, had to carry it alone. They are very good to Sadie. We had a nice lunch at home, and then took a little bit of a nap! I was tired! Then we loaded up the left overs and took them to the Proctor reunion. How's that for re-gifting a salad! Congratulations Sadie! We love you very much.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous pictures of your little girl - Just Beautiful!!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Yikes, I had a lot of catching up to do! Beautiful Sadie - sounds like a wonderful day...wish we could have been there. Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

These are beautiful pictures. I love your blog. Your kids are are really growing up fast. Lets have lunch somethime!

Jeni Limb said...

She has gotten so big! She is beautiful! I have not talked to Cathy for awhile, but I did send her an invite to my blog.I have been trying to invite Shelly, but her email keeps coming back as undeliverable.Can I get it from you? Thanks a bunch!
Jeni

Lisa said...

Congratulations Sadie! Your friend Lisa really misses you! Ask your mom when we get to come over for more cards!

April said...

OH I miss my favorite family so much! Maria told me about your blog, so I of course had to take a peak! Please keep in touch! Mine is not nearly as cute as yours, but you are welcome to take a look and add me! I am coming home for Thanksgiving, so if you happen to be home, I would love to come visit