Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays in Review

While holiday celebrations and gatherings are now over, I thought it might be a good time to review our activities and add a few photos for your viewing pleasure. Of course, it would go without saying that the holidays were full of fun, family, friends . . . and basketball. Alex and Glen's TAZER team has been playing very well. Their blog is at http://www.tazersball.blogspot.com/. Tazers came in 2nd place during the Holiday Tourney against Bear River (imagine that - my alma mater - did I spell that right). They played hard and Alex did very well at the point guard position. Keaton's teams, CRASH 5 and CRASH 6, also entered the tournement. Their blog is at http://www.crashbball.blogspot.com/ . His 5th grade team didn't make it into the final round and Keaton is trying to find his 'game', but he worked hard and didn't stop. His 6th grade team made it into the finals and took the Championship for their division. Yep, another t-shirt for Keaton. He, however, didn't play a lick of that game (he is being groomed for the 6th grade even though he is only in the 5th). Regardless, he was pretty proud to be a part of that winning team. Sadie and I went to countless games and cheered.

Actually, Sadie could care less, she doesn't even watch the games anymore, she takes her ipod and movies, and jump rope and drawing materials and usually ends up making a friend. She is so awesome. I know that the boys really appreciate her support at the games, even though she asks me at the end "did we win mom?". We had fun family gatherings at Craig & Jana's house for Christmas and with the Green's at the 'family mansion'. We also went to dinner with friends. The company was definately better than the food on that outing. Grandma & Grandpa treated us to a great dinner on New Year's Eve at Maddoxx in Perry (our family tradition), and Glen's boss treated us to another wonderful meal at a country club. Our spirits and bellies are very full.

After the seasonal school performances - Alex's Choir Concert - Keaton's Viola Concert - and - Sadie's 2nd grade Class Performance - we were all filled with the spirit of the season. I think I am forgetting something . . . Christmas Eve was cold and chilly so we opted to stay in with dinner and home videos to bring back the feelings of Christmas' past. How quickly the kids have grown, it was just yesterday when . . . I guess all parents feel that way.

Christmas Day was full of fun and surprises for everyone. Alex got a guitar and a cell phone (much to my shigrin), Keaton asked for a Nintendo DS and games, Sadie got a Stylin' Studio where she creates computerized make-overs for anyone/everyone. It is pretty impressive. Glen gave me a new camera - notice the new and improved photos. I gave Glen a rope and slippers (he loves them I promise). The family gift was a flat screen TV and a Wii. BIG surprise there.

This year we didn't travel to Tremonton, and it was a good thing because they had a big big storm and the power was out for most of the day. While I missed being in the crowd of the family and fun there, it was, however, nice to stay home during the storm and play games, puzzles, assemble items, learn about the toys, and listen to Alex messing around on his guitar - all day. It was exhausting as they all woke up early, but we had a great and blessed Christmas. New Year's Eve we went to dinner with the Andersons, then took the kids to a movie and played games and ate slush and junk until about 1:30 a.m. Yes, that's right, I did stay up very very late. Banged the pots and pans at midnight and then worked on the annual family puzzle. Enjoy the family photos (which I will post tonight) and may your new year 2009 be prosperous and bright.

1 comment:

Sam Jo said...

So it was you keepin the neighborhood up at midnight! I was tryin to sleep! Just kidding everybody was bangin on somethin up here! I am glad your little munchkins had a good Christmas.