Keaton officially turned 11 this month. I think he has wanted to be eleven for several years now. I remember him saying that it was so cool now that he is in the 'double digits' of age numbers. I don't know if that makes sense, but it makes sense to him. Here are 11 reasons that we love Keaton 'Goober' Proctor.
1. Darn good lookin'!
2. Beautiful eyes
3. Sneaky smile
4. Probably the more responsible one of the bunch.
5. Wanted his own room to keep it clean . . . AND he does a fabulous job!
6. Awesome CRASH basketball player #15 and has 12 championship tee-shirts.
7. Extra sensitive and tender heart.
8. Clever, clever, clever
9. Has a way of restating phrases that make them so funny.
10. Always keeps me aware of the recent drop or hike in gas prices.
11. Because he is our 'goober' and we love the heck out of him!
Keaton's birthday was on Martin Luther King's birthday this year. So the kids were out of school, and I decided it would be fun to be home with them. We made Keaton the usual traditional breakfast in bed consisting of waffles. He was surprised to get a game for his DS and one for the Wii, and a guitar for the hero. Yes, we live in an electronic world, I am sad to say so. He had previously invited a couple of friends over for games and party before we went with the whole gang - Glen met us - to the Mall Cop movie. It was pretty cute I guess, the kids enjoyed it and laughed. The boys had a jalapenio eating contest on the way home that was a riot. Keaton decided that dinner would be at Sweet Tomatoes, and I surprised him by inviting some of the Proctor family that would be available. He was very surprised to see them show up for his birthday dinner. When I look at Keaton I can't help but think that he is my little goober baby, I think he still has some 'little' in him that I can sneak a peek at from time to time. He is a sweet hearted boy that is turning into a young man. He 'mothers' Sadie sometimes, but other times he is right there playing her 'girl' games with her. He 'keeps up' with Alex and enjoys feeling a little older. He takes his tasks and assignments seriously and enjoys the rewards of a job well done. Sometimes I wish he was still a screaming baby with his 'jamas' and left thumb in his mouth, but when I talk to him and sense his thrill with life, I can't wait to see what he will come up with next.




No comments:
Post a Comment