Thursday, August 28, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!

With the end of summer comes the anticipation for a new year at school. We have waited and worried about our teachers, who is in our classes, what my schedule is, where my locker is, how to get out of French, and making sure I don't have the one algebra teacher this year. Finally, the day has come and the kids did all of the exciting things that mean school is starting. They laid out their clothes for the next day, they went to bed early with smiles, they got up early and without complaint, and with time to spare, counted the minutes until they could walk down the street.
We have typically had a tradition of going out to breakfast - usually at Burger King - on the first day of school. However, since Alex had to be at school at the crack of dawn - okay 7:15 - we decided to forgo breakfast in the morning, and have a celebration breakfast out in the evening. So after the days big events, calling mom and dad after school, and jumping into any possible homework on the first day, we headed off to Villiage Inn, AND to get additional last minute school supplies that were requested by teachers. T
he kids all had great days, Alex had a little problem with his locker, but figured that out. Alex loves his Spanish teacher and dreads his Science. Keaton loves his teacher and they can sit "anywhere" they want "any" day! Sadie loves her teacher, is making new friends, and is eager to do art. I am so glad that our kids like school, are social and friendly, and overall enjoy what they are learning. I think they really enjoy recess and lunch too! I enjoy the routines and structure that comes with school. It seems that while we have a lot to do, we can get it all in. It is getting into the schedule that is a little trying. I have become another drill sargeant at night but I'll settle in. I just want to make a public announcement thought . . . this year I didn't even cry!
P.S. Alex left for school before I got the camera out. This little guy is Joe - our awesome neighborhood friend.

No comments: