Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back from CAMP!

I think today is the day that I have finally caught up on my sleep deprivation from camp. We had such a great time after the rain stopped on the first day! That was admitedly my biggest nightmare, but after several hours of rain, and mud, we got the camp set up and then the rain stopped. I was nervous at first when I arrived thinking, "I don't really know these girls", and when they began singing the fun camp songs, yes, songs with actions, I thought to myself "am I supposed to be silly too?" Being there made me feel young again and fun. So, I decided that I would throw caution to the wind and be young and silly again. That made all of the difference in the world. The girls were fabulous and amazing. Everything that was planned went off without a hitch. The only thing that wasn't planned was that it is a tradition, unbeknownst to me, to decorate the camp director. Having some serious fashion designers in our camp was helpful. They decorated me in left over plastic table cloths, and ribbon and tulle. I was a hottie - seriously, one hour wrapped in a long plastic dress - talk about sweaty. The designer girl reminded me that as a model I had no opinion, and when I opened my mouth, she would quickly say "who's the model?" It was such a great time and we have a lot of memories and new relationships. I hope to post photos soon. On the way home all I could think about was planning for next year. I am so lucky to have been placed in this position, it has been so fulfilling and awesome to feel the spirit that is always present at Girls Camp. Glen and the kids were fending for themselves all week - actually - for many days prior - they were so patient and kind with their encouraging words and help. They managed throughout the week well, or so I am told. It was even more thoughtful when I came home, Glen had planned the afternoon for them to be out of the house so that I could get a much needed nap! Isn't he awesome! Oh, I can't forget to mention, the camp pranks. We were told that no pranks would be allowed at all. So, being that the girls were so good in their obedience, I decided to pull just one prank on the final night with some of the leaders. Allowing the girls to execute the prank, I supplied the items. We did the - put teething gel on the cup rims - which made the mouth numb! It was absouletly successful, and hilarious, except the part when we got in trouble by the stake. I took immediate responsibility, because it was absouletly my doing. It was absouletly perfect! Can't wait for next year!

No comments: