Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

Okay, so it has been a very very long time since the last post, not that we have done anything amazing or gone to any far off places to report about. What have we done with our summer? We took the Tazers Basketball team to Cedar City for the Summer Games in June. That was a blast with the friends and families of the Tazers. Check out Glen's Tazer blog: Tazerball.blogspot.com is his address. He keeps it up better than me . . . I think I have created one good looking blogger! Alex's team took the Gold Medal and while the competition wasn't huge, it was at least competitive for the first 2 quarters of the games they played. Alex did awesome. I can really see how his basketball skills have improved this year, his handling and shooting are more refined. I am sure that he takes after me . . . and has a good coach too! Alex finally finished 7th grade, and is SO ready to be an 8th grader. He finished the year with a 3.8 GPA - I couldn't be more proud. We'll see what next year brings with 2 honor classes, he may have to begin studying. Keaton finished up with 4th grade, and had a great year. He isn't playing ball this summer, but has had fun with the dogs, the neighborhood friends, and the trampoline. Yes, they are still jumping off of the deck onto the trampoline. Can't wait for the first set of stitches . . . it is bound to happen. I have found that Keaton is a "saver", he knows that if he works around the house he will earn money, and before you know it, Keaton has saved $20. He loves to go to garage sales with me on Saturday mornings, and is usually the one making the good deals! Sadie, well what can I say about my little sweety. She plays with the neighbor, Joe. They go to school, church, art class, and play daily together. It reminds me of my best childhood friend Joe. They act more like brother and sister than neighbors/friends. It is funny to listen to them. I hope they stay friends for a long time. She is taking some time away from cheer because we will be out of town for several of the meeting times. She will begin again in August. I have given each child a piano assignment each week. They are still working on the first one of the summer. I have not been very consistent with them. But I still find that they tinker around on the piano when they have some free time. As far as the deck, Glen and Alex completed the east stairs, cement landing, and new sod. I hope the sod grows, I am SO tired of sand in the house, in the cars, on the floor, in the laundry, in the shoes . . . just EVERYWHERE! We were told that before our house was built, it WAS the sand pile for the neighboorhood boys. GREAT! Glen is working hard, taking some well deserved time away from basketball, and getting the "to do" list "done"! He is a good sport though, never complaining about what I ask him to do, and never complains about my back seat driving . . . or snoring !!!! He has been so supportive with my goings on about camp, camp, and camp! He tutored me on starting a fire and maintaining it. I have a fire wand - who needs flint and steel? He is cutting out my craft wood for camp, and doing a great job! Thanks to him for handling the kids and household jobs when I am running around with my head cut off as I get camp going next week. I love them all so much, they are awesome, and beautiful!

No comments: