Monday, May 5, 2008

Remodel Begins!

Okay, so phase one of the remodel is to tear out the bay window in the kitchen and replace it with the sliding door. This was harder than it looked. Seriously, hard for me included listening to Glen and our friend Lee for 4 hours as they painstakingly took good care to not damage more than necessary while they removed the large picture window and siding. Whew! Thank heavens that it was a beautiful day and the sun was warm. They spent the remainder of the day negotiating the sliding glass door, and putting it in place. After 2, maybe even 3 trips to Home Depot - who's counting - they put it in, re-sheet-rocked and mudded the inside of the kitchen and as far as I can tell, from the inside at least, we are good to go. We need to be careful now because if we walk out the sliding door we will have a good 5 1/2 foot drop to the grass. Never fear, we solved that problem for now. We just placed the trampoline there and presto, we have a quick fire exit. The kids, and dogs, had a blast jumping out of the window onto the tramp, I tried it and nearly had a panic attack - maybe that's just old age. The deck - well, we hope to start that next week. Alex made a lego model of what the house and deck will look like. I really think he'll be a talented archechet (did I spell that right)? I'll keep you posted. Enjoy the photos.

No comments: