Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blake takes me out.

A couple of weeks ago Blake was traveling through to California for work, and on the way back to Tennessee he stopped into Utah to see the folks. I don't know what they did up there, but I think he got to see most everyone that was there. On his final day, he came down early to take me to lunch. He told me he was coming the day before and asked to get some of the Glaus bakery rum cakes - a well worn Green Family tradition - plus they are really really good. He doesn't know this, but because I know he likes these so much, I would've gotten them for him regardless if he would've asked. He doesn't get these very often and so it is a traditional treat. He drove up in a nice rental car and we stopped into my neighbors house to get some new candle fragrances for Cindy. He is always thinking about her and how to keep her happy. I love that! So, after our noses were done sniffing the scents, we chose some, got a good referral for a mexician joint for lunch, and we were off. Blake bought lunch for us, it was very nice - lot's of food - but the company and conversation was invaluable. I don't remember just sitting and talking with Blake alone for a long time. Sure, he always remembers birthdays, holidays, and phone calls on mother's day, but it was a special treat to be there together. He didn't eat all of his lunch and so we packed it up and I took it home - it wouldn't fly well. We talked some more over rum cakes - several rum cakes later, the kids came home from school and Blake was off for the airport. The next day, I ate the leftovers- and the rum cakes he left - and remembered the priceless hours that I got to spend with my "little" brother.

No comments: