Getting a boat full to go out onto the lake.
Alex, Keaton, Glen, & Sadie enjoying the boatride.
In July we headed down south for the annual Proctor family Lake Powell trip. The Proctors got a new houseboat this year and all I can say is WOW! It was so awesome, but then again, I would go to Lake Powell in a tent just to be there. I love Lake Powell. We went during a hot spell, and the first day registered 113 degrees - this was while we were unpacking the cars and packing into the boat. Which, actually, made the water perfect. We stopped periodically during the long trip down the channel to try out the new slide from atop the houseboat. It was awesome, we even got Grandma Susan down the slide! There were a lot of people with us and two ski boats to boot. We had another amazing trip travelling to the Indian Ruins, hiking around the campsite, good food, treats, and conversations, games, and even learned how to play watermelon basketball in the water! That was a highlight . . . thanks for teaching us Aunt Jana! With only a few problems with the potty, that were not pleasant, it was a very memorable trip for me. We were able to take Grandma Ruth with us this time and I think she had a very good time too. We also took along Grandma Susan and Shaylie. Shaylie was a very good sport with all of the "country hick" teasing that went on.Hiking up to the Indian ruins . . . are these drawings really real?
Grandma Susan, Aunt Colleen, & Glen enjoying some shade on the beach.
Several of us, INCLUDING ME & the boys, were able to get up the guts to actually jump off of one of the cliffs. I jumped twice, and for me that is a big deal. I certainly felt my age. After much coaching to jump, Shaylie just couldn't bring herself to jump. Meanwile, the rest of us were in the boat baking in the sun. Sadie said "I'll get her down", and proceeded to jump into the lake, swim over to the cliff, climb up to Shaylie and tried to encourage her from there. When that wasn't working, Sadie just jumped off! WOW! Don't worry, we'll get you down the easy way next time Shaylie!Alex takes on the cliff.
Several of the big highlights were behind the ski boats. Alex, Keaton, AND Shaylie were able to successfully surf behind the boat. This was a huge hit for them and they never turned back. Then Sadie again said "I can do that", and guess what . . . SHE DID!! Cousin Tyler and I had planned to plop Sadie into the water with him, and without her having a minute to protest, Tyler had her up in front of him on the surf board! The smile of success was worth more than a million dollars! I am so proud of all of them. Can't wait until next year!!!Thanks Uncle Craig and Aunt Jana, we had a blast!
Keaton and the surfboard - Go Keat!
Alex surfs like a pro! What a natural.
Sadie & Tyler on the surfboard.
The million dollar smile of success. Way to go 8 year old brave Sadie!!!
Next year you will be on your own!





1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment