Saturday, November 15, 2008
Nesting something fierce . . .
All I can say is that either I am nesting, you know when you are ready to deliver that 8 lb baby and getting everything cleaned, cooked, and stored . . . ready for the big day . . . or I am just displaying the manic part of my personality disorder!
This weekend I have pretty much broken my record for getting things done. Cleaning was just a technicality . . . do that every weekend. But we cleaned, grocery shopped - as usual, Glen took me to lunch for two days in a row, got the boys to the orthodontist appointment, helped to practice piano, went to a lengthy YW presidency meeting (which really disturbs me to know that our YW are boldly stating they are "addicted to coffee"), and then needing to attach Alex's many merit badges without hot glue, I dove into my new hobbie - Sewing. I know what you might be thinking . . . Annette can sew? Sure I took that class from Mary Jane in 10th grade, and from Mrs. Kirby in 8th, but how hard can it be to sew a straight line. The most difficult part for me is to figure out a pattern and calculate the amount of fabric! Thanks mom for your help and encouragement.
So here is a picture of my first rag blanket . . . Sadie has already latched onto it. Then the boys were jealous and needed their own blankets. So, this morning, after playing volleyball with the women in our ward (we took 1st place in our pool - so we play again next week in a tournament), nursing my floor burns - where were those knee pads - and my aching back, we went to Joanns - my new favorite store with coupons of course. The boys picked out their opposing team patterns (Y and U), I got me some new sizzors that I am going to hide, and we headed home. Sewed the team blankets, raked leaves, Glen took us to lunch for the 3rd day in a row, and then I made Grandma Susan's cinnamin rolls and delivered some warm ones to my good neighbors.
It is 9 p.m. and we are going to start a movie that needs to be returned to Red Box tonight. Whew, I am exhausted. Good thing tomorrow is Sunday, I need a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I'm proud of you that you sew. You know, I do not like to sew because of Mrs. Kirby. I blame her for my adversion and inability to get behind a sewing machine!
You go girl!
I was so excited for DanDrew to be voted off! I mean for real! Leaving your shoes behind?!? What crazy people! I am totally getting back on the Nick and Starr bandwagon!
What the heck! DanDrew totally pulled ahead! I am in shock! I am gonna miss lookin at Dallas every week. He was so cute! So is there only one show left?
Post a Comment