Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grandpa and his horses

We went to Tremonton for the Anderson reunion recently. While there the kids were very excited to be riding Grandpa's horses for the first time, I know I am ashamed to admit that. After Grandpa saddled them all, with Ridge's help, they eagerly got on the horses and rode them around the pasture. Our big cousin Chase grabbed Sadie off of the fence and took her for her first ride. Reminded me of Tyler and Sadie on the surf board. She has been amazingly brave this year. All of the kids rode and had a great time, not really wanting to share their horse. We even had to ride again the next day. However, when Keaton got onto Chase's horse, the horse was spooked and took Keaton for a gallup and a scare back to the fence. Keaton was screaming, so I don't think that helped matters, probably scared the horse even more. So, what did I do? I talked to him for a minute through his tears and fears, and MADE him get back on another horse. He was fine after that, and then Grandpa put the horses into the round corral and with a lead rope walked them around with the kids. This was a super experience for them. They also got to shoot the real guns and pistol of Grandpa's up at the gravel pit. My ears and Keaton's are still ringing. I love that the kids are interested in learning about my life and what I did growing up in this little town in the country. They get bright eyed when Grandpa tells stories and wonder if any of it is truth. The kids decided that they would all sleep together at Grandma's, invited Ridge too, and they had a sleepover. I hope they don't forget all of these good memories, and hope that there are MANY more to come. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the good time, horse rides, laughter, stories, good food, shooting, and everything else. We love you very very much!

No comments: