Last month was our 17th year anniversary. I know, 17. . . can you really believe that? Glen has always been the one to plan a surprise anniversary. . . I am lucky to remember it. This year he wanted me to take the day off and pack an overnight bag. In the morning he brought me some beautiful tulips and a note that said, following my appointment at the beauty parlor for my hair, to report to the day spa! I LOVE THE DAY SPA!
So, I had a nice color job for the hair, boy, at this age, I really needed a color. Then off to the day spa. I checked in and they knew exactly who I was and had a big facial session scheduled for me. I LOVE FACIALS!
It was so fabulous I didn't want to leave, but when I did, they said, "happy anniversary" and handed me another note with a hotel key! So I went off to the fancy hotel where he was waiting to take me to dinner to my favorite place. I LOVE MARKET STREET GRILL! 
It was so fabulous I didn't want to leave, but when I did, they said, "happy anniversary" and handed me another note with a hotel key! So I went off to the fancy hotel where he was waiting to take me to dinner to my favorite place. I LOVE MARKET STREET GRILL! 
We had a great meal including dessert - we hardly ever have room for dessert but we did. He said we could go to a movie, but I was so so relaxed and comfortable, why leave the fancy hotel? We just talked and laughed and talked. It was a great night. The kids were all arranged for by having our neice Anna come over to stay with them and get them off to school. I LOVE ANNA! Thank you so much. I slept in, had breakfast while Glen went off to work. I want to make that type of anniversary a tradition for sure. I don't think I need anything more. I gave Glen a book that hopefully he will enjoy, I did. And 17 reisens (reasons - thanks Heather for the idea) that I love him. Maybe I'll post them too. Looking forward to another 17!! Love you Glen.





2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! How sweet of Glen to plan such a great day/event for you. You are very lucky! Congrats on making it to 17. Not very many people do that anymore! Let's get together soon!
That day sounded like a lot of heaven. Mah-velous! Happy Anniversary my favorite A-Net!
Post a Comment