


Glen and I were finally able to find some time to get away for a weekend to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson in Chandler, Arizona. We had a great time with them in the sun. It was wonderful to be together after a long basketball winter season. We golfed, sunned, shopped, hot tubbed, relaxed, and enjoyed ourselves very much. For our first golfing of the season we were not to good, but we "kept up" with the pros in the other golf cart! We went to the Swap Meet and into Old Town Scotsdale for some culture. We even had a chance at seeing a flying saucer, but, oh well, Grandpa was the only one that got to see that. It was hot and sunny every day. We rented a mini cooper convertable car to spin around in. Having your hair down in a convertable in the hot Arizona sun was unforgetable. We were fortunate to have Grandma Ruth stay with the kids and orchestrate their comings and goings during the weekend. She looked exhausted, but she did a fine job. I am glad the kids got to have her 100% during that time. They will always remember that. I was glad to be there, but also glad to get home to see the kids and smell their smells. . . I never get tired of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment