Thursday, February 28, 2008
CRASH breaks their Championship record.
CRASH breaks their Championship record. It had to happen sometime. Keaton's 4 grade CRASH superleague basketball has gone 3 years without loosing in a championship game. That means they have 7 championships under their young belts. Well, last night, in an exciting overtime contest, they finally lost in a championship game. It was against a game well fought by the other team, because Keaton's team really had a huge target on their back. Everyone in 4th grade wants to beat the CRASH. I have to give it to the opposing team, they really outshot us. Our team is very emotional and wanted not to break their winning streak, but all things must come to an end. It was a lesson that they are not infallable. Most of the boys were very tearful and emotional after the game, but what can I say - they LOVE basketball - and this is a good life lesson. Keaton made some good plays, a couple pivotal baskets, and got a big thump in the nose. I will be surprised if he doesn't have black eyes soon. They fought hard. Next up is the State Championship Tournament in March. CRASH is the defending state Champions, so I am sure they will be playing with emotion again. I didn't even get yelled at by the referee's! That's pretty good for this loud mouth mom!
draft
1:05:00 PM
by Annette
Delete
1 – 1 of 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment